Below please find links to the Missouri DeMolay letter and forms for the 2017 Missouri DeMolay State Conclave. We appreciate your kind assistance in this most worthwhile venture and look forward to having you with us at our 2017 Missouri DeMolay State Conclave over the Memorial Day weekend in Jefferson City. It has been the tradition that each Valley donate for a $500 full page. You can certainly do more if you desire. It would also be great to have the Valleys and any and all of you to be a Sponsor.
- 2017 DeMolay State Conclave Yearbook Ad information
- 2017 DeMolay State Conclave Sponsorship Information
- 2017 DeMolay State Conclave Masonic Family Letter
May God bless you in all your endeavors,
Robert W. Cockerham, PGM
News regarding the Valley of Joplin’s Spring 2017 Scottish Rite Reunion
Our Spring Reunion is just around the corner! We’ll host our 288th Valley of Joplin Scottish Rite Reunion honoring Illustrious Brother Lon Orr, 33°, on Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18, with both days’ registration beginning at 6:30am. We always need candidates! So if you know of a good Man and Mason that would want to join us in our mission, invite them to become a part of us! We’ll also be holding our Gathering of the XVII Scotch and Wine Tasting event on the evening of Thursday, March 16. Call the office to find out more about this special event!
We’ve made rooming arrangements at Candlewood Suites as in Reunions past. Their address is 3512 S. Rangeline Road in Joplin. You can reserve a Queen or Double room for $64.00 plus tax or a King room for $72.00 plus tax for March 16 or 17. Remember, you must mention the term “Temple Block” to insure the room rate! Your reservation must be made before March 6 cutoff date. After March 6, room pricing will be honored based on availability. Overflow has been arranged with the Best Western Oasis for Single-bed room at $61.00 plus tax. Be sure to make your reservation quickly! Call 417-623-9595 and reserve your room today!
I would also ask you to spread this information around as many of our Brothers don’t use email and won’t get this message! Thanks, Brethren! I hope we see you in Joplin!
We had a wonderful event at the Kansas City Scottish Rite last night! HUNDREDS of members and guests filled the beautifully restored Grand Ballroom for the opening of the time capsule from the original Kansas City Scottish Rite Temple. The event was attended by many Freemasons, community leaders, and dignitaries. See below for FOUR VIDEOS – 1.) a news clip from the Kansas City Star 2.) a news clip from Fox 4 News Kansas City 3.) A news clip from KCTV5 4.) a video filmed by one of the staff members.
Join us for this historic occasion as we open the time capsule from our original Kansas City Scottish Rite Temple. Scottish Rite Members may also take part in a discussion of VMAP from 4:30 to 6pm led by two well-known employees of the Supreme Council.
The original temple of the Scottish Rite, Valley of Kansas City was destroyed in a horrific fire recently. Out of the ashes, comes a chance to peer back into history through the lense of items contained in a time capsule. Click the link below for an excellent interview of our SGIG’s Personal Representative, Ill. Ben Kenney, 33° on KMBC Channel 9 News.
There have also been numerous articles in the local news including the following:
An article containing a portion of Ill. Brother Ben Kenney’s remarks can be read here:
Missouri DeMolay remains the #1 Jurisdiction in membership and more!
Over the past 13 years Missouri DeMolay has grown and has maintained #1 status in the World of Membership Growth (over 3 times any other Jurisdiction in the world), Overall Membership (the only Jurisdiction with more than 1300 active members), and Most New Members in the world (370 new members in 2015)! This is an achievement not reached since the very few months of the Order’s founding. Now, we just need to continue to grow and share the goodness of DeMolay with others!
Missouri DeMolay was truly represented in an outstanding fashion at the 2016 International Supreme Council Session in San Diego, California. Missouri DeMolay Jurisdictional Officers Ukiah Camp and Bradley Pitman were our delegates at the International Congress Session and were the best DeMolay leaders there, together with Jurisdictional Officers Grant Applegate and Lawson Smead and over 20 other leaders from Missouri.
Brother Quentin J. Cockerham presided over the DeMolay Congress as the 48th International Congress Secretary.
We are most pleased to advise that Dad John Hay was unanimously elected an Active Member of the International Supreme Council Order of DeMolay.
Missouri DeMolay and its members also received the following Outstanding Honors and Awards:
- Brother Quentin J. Cockerham is the DeMolay International First Line Signer for 2016 (also in 2014 and 2015). He is the First Line Signer of 127 new DeMolays in 2015, and initiated over 300 new DeMolay members in 2015.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the coveted Louis G. Lower Outstanding Membership Award for its successful efforts in obtaining the most new DeMolays worldwide in 2015.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the Gorman A. McBride Membership Award for its successful membership efforts by initiating more new members in 2015 than in 2014.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the Frank S. Land Membership Growth Award for obtaining more initiates than majorities in 2015 and contributing to the membership efforts of DeMolay International – Missouri DeMolay was also the #1 Jurisdiction receiving this Award – now for the 13th year in a row.
- Missouri DeMolay received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award.
- Missouri DeMolay received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award – Jurisdictional Media Publication.
- George L. Walters Chapter received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award – Chapter Media Publication.
- Select individuals were honored with the Chevalier, Legion of Honor, Honorary Legion of Honor, and Cross of Honor. The entire list will be posted on the web site.
Missouri DeMolay is striving again to be #1 in the world of DeMolay in Membership Growth, New Chapters, Honors and Programs in 2016. Many jurisdictions have “promised” they will beat us in membership this year. We need everybody’s continued commitment and dedication to keep Missouri DeMolay #1.
We have many activities coming up, in addition to all the Chapter events. If you are a DeMolay and have not applied to be considered for The University of DeMolay, please do so immediately. A new on-line application process has been implemented for your convenience. Please take the time to visit www.modemolay.org to apply for The University of DeMolay, and to check out the great events and photographs of DeMolay in action.
Congratulations to everyone who made 2015 (and 2016, so far) a tremendous success and who continue to dedicate themselves each day to building Missouri DeMolay.
Sincerely and fraternally,
Past Grand Master