Freemasonry`s Royal Secret: The Jamaican `Francken Manuscript` of the High Degrees – NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!
SRRS members who were dues-current in 2013, you will likely have received your 2013 Bonus Book by now. If not, don’t worry, it’s in the mail.
For the rest of you, Freemasonry`s Royal Secret: The Jamaican `Francken Manuscript` of the High Degrees is now available for purchase via the Scottish Rite Store website (http://www.scottishritestore.org/cgi-php/store.php?search=yes&detail=yes&keywords=fran&item_no=FRANCKEN)!
- Edited and compiled by Arturo de Hoyos, 33°, G.C., Grand Archivist and Grand Historian; Introduction co-authored with Alain Bernheim, 33°.
- What was high degree Masonry like before the Scottish Rite? For the first time ever, the actual rituals of the `parent` of the Scottish Rite are available for study from a rare manuscript!
- Created by Stephen Morin in the 1760`s, this 25-degree system used many of the most popular and important degrees of the time. By 1764 the high degrees were established in New Orleans, and in 1767 Henry Andrew Francken brought the system to Albany, New York. It was finally absorbed into the Scottish Rite in 1801.
- This extremely interesting work includes the full and complete rituals of the system, from 4° Secret Master, to 25° Prince of the Royal Secret. Also included are the `detached degrees` of Select Master of 27, Knight of the Royal Arch, and Grand Master Ecose, which appeared at the back of the manuscript.
- Includes several facsimiles from the original manuscript.
- Hardbound (6 3/4″ x 10″) with decorative covers; illustrated; includes index. 317 pages.
Brethren & Friends –
Please click here for the latest from Ill. Robert W. Cockerham, SGIG.
We have also posted several pages of photographs from the 2014 RiteCare Biennial Conference / KSA Gathering. These photos were taken by Brother Marsh Lukens, 32° KCCH, St. Louis Valley and have been compiled into a nice PDF by Brandon Cockerham. You can download the PDF by clicking here (“heads up”, the PDF of photographs is a 10mb file). There is also a nice online gallery of photos from these events on the Missouri DeMolay site – http://modemolay.org/photogallery/2014/rite_care_ksa
The latest news from the Scottish Rite Foundation of Missouri, Inc. has been posted at http://moscottishrite.org/foundation/news/.
Please excuse the mess! I am currently making modifications to improve this website on mobile phones and tablets. During this process, the template will appear a bit “basic” and you may notice menus not working, etc.
Things should be much improved within a few days!
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition!
The Walker Scottish Rite Clinic invites you to celebrate 25 years of serving St. Louis children at the KidTalk Celebration Silver Anniversary Gala. Join us for an evening of elegance and celebration at the final toast of the Clinic’s 25th anniversary year. The annual KidTalk Celebration dinner auction on Saturday, November 2 will be at the dazzling Purser Center at the Logan College of Chiropractic. The evening will host a multitude of stunning opportunities, including hors d’oeuvres, an open bar, a formal dinner and an exciting silent and live auction, plus a few additional surprises you will not want to miss! We hope to see you at the Silver Anniversary Gala!
For complete details, please visit https://walkerscottishriteclinic.eventbrite.com/.
This is a shortened version of the video produced by Maryville Student and Clinic Friend, Ryan Cockerham. Ryan produced this video to help bring awareness of the Walker Scottish Rite Clinic to a larger audience. For the longer version of Ryan’s Clinic video, visit the Clinic website, www.srclinic.org. Thank you Ryan Cockerham for your advocacy to help the kids!