Join us for this historic occasion as we open the time capsule from our original Kansas City Scottish Rite Temple. Scottish Rite Members may also take part in a discussion of VMAP from 4:30 to 6pm led by two well-known employees of the Supreme Council.
Missouri DeMolay remains the #1 Jurisdiction in membership and more!
Over the past 13 years Missouri DeMolay has grown and has maintained #1 status in the World of Membership Growth (over 3 times any other Jurisdiction in the world), Overall Membership (the only Jurisdiction with more than 1300 active members), and Most New Members in the world (370 new members in 2015)! This is an achievement not reached since the very few months of the Order’s founding. Now, we just need to continue to grow and share the goodness of DeMolay with others!
Missouri DeMolay was truly represented in an outstanding fashion at the 2016 International Supreme Council Session in San Diego, California. Missouri DeMolay Jurisdictional Officers Ukiah Camp and Bradley Pitman were our delegates at the International Congress Session and were the best DeMolay leaders there, together with Jurisdictional Officers Grant Applegate and Lawson Smead and over 20 other leaders from Missouri.
Brother Quentin J. Cockerham presided over the DeMolay Congress as the 48th International Congress Secretary.
We are most pleased to advise that Dad John Hay was unanimously elected an Active Member of the International Supreme Council Order of DeMolay.
Missouri DeMolay and its members also received the following Outstanding Honors and Awards:
- Brother Quentin J. Cockerham is the DeMolay International First Line Signer for 2016 (also in 2014 and 2015). He is the First Line Signer of 127 new DeMolays in 2015, and initiated over 300 new DeMolay members in 2015.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the coveted Louis G. Lower Outstanding Membership Award for its successful efforts in obtaining the most new DeMolays worldwide in 2015.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the Gorman A. McBride Membership Award for its successful membership efforts by initiating more new members in 2015 than in 2014.
- Missouri DeMolay earned the Frank S. Land Membership Growth Award for obtaining more initiates than majorities in 2015 and contributing to the membership efforts of DeMolay International – Missouri DeMolay was also the #1 Jurisdiction receiving this Award – now for the 13th year in a row.
- Missouri DeMolay received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award.
- Missouri DeMolay received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award – Jurisdictional Media Publication.
- George L. Walters Chapter received the 1st Place Outstanding Communications Award – Chapter Media Publication.
- Select individuals were honored with the Chevalier, Legion of Honor, Honorary Legion of Honor, and Cross of Honor. The entire list will be posted on the web site.
Missouri DeMolay is striving again to be #1 in the world of DeMolay in Membership Growth, New Chapters, Honors and Programs in 2016. Many jurisdictions have “promised” they will beat us in membership this year. We need everybody’s continued commitment and dedication to keep Missouri DeMolay #1.
We have many activities coming up, in addition to all the Chapter events. If you are a DeMolay and have not applied to be considered for The University of DeMolay, please do so immediately. A new on-line application process has been implemented for your convenience. Please take the time to visit www.modemolay.org to apply for The University of DeMolay, and to check out the great events and photographs of DeMolay in action.
Congratulations to everyone who made 2015 (and 2016, so far) a tremendous success and who continue to dedicate themselves each day to building Missouri DeMolay.
Sincerely and fraternally,
Past Grand Master
Sweethearts, Moms, Brethren and Friends,
We are now only 23 days away from our Annual State Conclave and we’re looking forward to a most outstanding Memorial Day weekend in Jefferson City, Missouri.
As a reminder, Chapter registration is available at www.moconclave.org. Our online registration process makes it easy for you to manage your registration for your Chapter. We encourage you to share the link with your Chapter members, advisors and parents where many resources can be found including this year’s prices, and other important information; more information and resources will continue to be added as Conclave approaches. Each Chapter will need one individual (preferably the Chapter DAD or Chairman) responsible for the Chapter’s entire registration process online. If you have any questions about the registration process, please use the ‘Contact Support’ feature found on the registration website.
The registration deadline is May 10, 2016. Any registrations submitted after this date will incur a $25.00 late registration per person fee.
Don’t forget about the perks of bringing your friends to join DeMolay at State Conclave:
• Bring 3 Candidates to join DeMolay at State Conclave – and YOU go to Conclave for FREE!
*The first line signer must be the same on all three candidates.
To assist with the cost of Conclave, you can sell advertisements for our yearbook or find an organization to sponsor you.
Please find the links here:
• Yearbook Advertising (http://www.moconclave.org/downloads/yearbook_advertising.pdf)
• Sponsorship Opportunities (http://www.moconclave.org/downloads/sponsorship.pdf)
Also, ALL Chapters who have a Sweetheart who will be competing in the State Sweetheart Competition will receive a FREE Sweetheart and Chaperone registration for a contestant in the State Sweetheart Competition ($450.00 value).
Our Jurisdictional Officers and Conclave Committee have been hard at work planning what will prove to be one of the best yet! We hope to see you there.
Sincerely and Fraternally,
Cheers for the Kids 2016 – Hannibal RiteCare Benefit
Those viewing this from their mobile phone can tap the phone number below to call and reserve tickets.
What is Tough Mudder?
Tough Mudder is a team oriented 10 – 12 mile (1820 km) obstacle course designed to test physical strength and mental grit. Tough Mudder puts camaraderie over finisher rankings and is not a timed race but a team challenge that allows participants to experience exhilarating, yet safe, worldclass obstacles they won’t find anywhere else.
Why Tough Mudder?
Other Scottish Rite Orients and Valleys across the Southern Jurisdiction have had great success in utilizing these events for team building, morale boosting, public awareness, membership recruitment, and much more. It is our goal to bring this same excitement to the Orient of Missouri.
Who can participate?
We’re looking for Scottish Rite brethren from across the Orient of Missouri to join our team on Saturday, October 10th, 2015. We’re hopeful that you will also bring with you your friends that may not be members of your Valley or even Freemasonry; this can certainly be utilized to shine a light on the uniqueness of our craft. Women are welcome and encouraged to participate as well.
Please watch the video below. If you or someone that you know is interested in participating or supporting this event, please contact the CoChairmen of the Scottish Rite Tough Mudder Program for the Scottish Rite Orient of Missouri by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.