Supreme Council News
The Scottish Rite, Northern Masonic Jurisdiction, Shriners International, and the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction proudly announce a historic coming together of our organizations in the joint sponsorship of BeAFreemason.org.
More than just a website, BeAFreemason.org is dedicated to explaining just who Freemasons are, and what we stand for. It serves as a guide for men looking to understand the truths of our craft and the rewards of our brotherhood. It is a place where information about Freemasonry is accurate, visually compelling, and aspirational.
Central to the site is a powerful referral mechanism that links men interested in joining to Grand Lodge membership contacts in states and provinces throughout North America. We hope you too will help spread the word far and wide by sharing the site with friends, family, and other good men you know.
A Historic Partnership
The Scottish Rite, NMJ, Shriners International, and the Scottish Rite, SJ, have united in purpose and in service to the craft. As we open our plans to Grand Lodges across North America there is no doubt that, together, we can achieve the extraordinary and continue to share Freemasonry with the world.
The work we have embarked on circles us back to the place where we have always been strong. The noble place where we help a man declare to the world, I am not just a man. I am a Mason.
David A. Glattly, 33°
Sovereign Grand Commander
Scottish Rite, Northern Masonic Jurisdiction
Jeffrey L. Sowder
James D. Cole, 33°
Sovereign Grand Commander
Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction
Are you keeping up with the activities occurring within the Orient? Follow along by reading our Orient Newsletter, the Scottish Rite Journal, and the Journal’s Missouri section all online from your computer or smartphone. Simply click the link below!
We hope that you are enjoying the Missouri Scottish Rite E-NEWS! You can read the latest issue as well as our past issues using the relevant link(s) below.
This newsletter shares information from each of our local Scottish Rite Valleys, our RiteCare Centers, the Scottish Rite Foundation of Missouri, the Masonic Youth Groups in Missouri, and other Masonic groups around our state.
We are excited to announce the launch of the Missouri Scottish Rite e-News!
This dynamic monthly newsletter is dedicated to sharing the Goodness of Freemasonry – committed to inspiring Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth – and driven by the stories and experiences of each of the five great Scottish Rite Valleys of the Orient of Missouri.
You can view the current issue by visiting https://mailchi.mp/0c0a78608070/missouri-scottish-rite-march-2018-e-news.
Happy Giving Tuesday!
During the next 24 hours, people around the world will come together to celebrate generosity and make an impact. Will you help us reach our goals this holiday season? Please say “yes” to help a child at your local RiteCare today!
Did you know…?
- Nationally, we help fund about 170 RiteCare Childhood Language Programs
- Nationally, many of our centers work in association with universities and hospitals providing top notch care
- Nationally, RiteCare provides children with full diagnostic evaluation, treatment of speech, language disorders, and learning disabilities
We had a wonderful event at the Kansas City Scottish Rite last night! HUNDREDS of members and guests filled the beautifully restored Grand Ballroom for the opening of the time capsule from the original Kansas City Scottish Rite Temple. The event was attended by many Freemasons, community leaders, and dignitaries. See below for FOUR VIDEOS – 1.) a news clip from the Kansas City Star 2.) a news clip from Fox 4 News Kansas City 3.) A news clip from KCTV5 4.) a video filmed by one of the staff members.
Freemasonry`s Royal Secret: The Jamaican `Francken Manuscript` of the High Degrees – NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!
SRRS members who were dues-current in 2013, you will likely have received your 2013 Bonus Book by now. If not, don’t worry, it’s in the mail.
For the rest of you, Freemasonry`s Royal Secret: The Jamaican `Francken Manuscript` of the High Degrees is now available for purchase via the Scottish Rite Store website (http://www.scottishritestore.org/cgi-php/store.php?search=yes&detail=yes&keywords=fran&item_no=FRANCKEN)!
- Edited and compiled by Arturo de Hoyos, 33°, G.C., Grand Archivist and Grand Historian; Introduction co-authored with Alain Bernheim, 33°.
- What was high degree Masonry like before the Scottish Rite? For the first time ever, the actual rituals of the `parent` of the Scottish Rite are available for study from a rare manuscript!
- Created by Stephen Morin in the 1760`s, this 25-degree system used many of the most popular and important degrees of the time. By 1764 the high degrees were established in New Orleans, and in 1767 Henry Andrew Francken brought the system to Albany, New York. It was finally absorbed into the Scottish Rite in 1801.
- This extremely interesting work includes the full and complete rituals of the system, from 4° Secret Master, to 25° Prince of the Royal Secret. Also included are the `detached degrees` of Select Master of 27, Knight of the Royal Arch, and Grand Master Ecose, which appeared at the back of the manuscript.
- Includes several facsimiles from the original manuscript.
- Hardbound (6 3/4″ x 10″) with decorative covers; illustrated; includes index. 317 pages.
Brethren & Friends –
Please click here for the latest from Ill. Robert W. Cockerham, SGIG.
We have also posted several pages of photographs from the 2014 RiteCare Biennial Conference / KSA Gathering. These photos were taken by Brother Marsh Lukens, 32° KCCH, St. Louis Valley and have been compiled into a nice PDF by Brandon Cockerham. You can download the PDF by clicking here (“heads up”, the PDF of photographs is a 10mb file). There is also a nice online gallery of photos from these events on the Missouri DeMolay site – http://modemolay.org/photogallery/2014/rite_care_ksa
The latest news from the Scottish Rite Foundation of Missouri, Inc. has been posted at http://moscottishrite.org/foundation/news/.
Please excuse the mess! I am currently making modifications to improve this website on mobile phones and tablets. During this process, the template will appear a bit “basic” and you may notice menus not working, etc.
Things should be much improved within a few days!
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition!